Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Star Trek Christmas

This week's theme was holiday food, and nothing says Christmas like gingerbread starships. Given that I have a tendency to experiment with (and thereby ruin!) recipes, I decided to go for the tried, tested and true -- the Joy of Cooking's gingerbread men recipe. I recruited Katie to come down and help me decipher the recipe, and to shame me into actually doing everything it says (does anyone really sift their flour?).

Once the dough was functioning within normal parameters, we had a great time making creative cookie shapes -- gingerbread ensons, communicator badges, and even an edible enterprise. Here's a picture of me biting the head off of a gingerbread Wesley Crusher, wearing a really bad icing sweater. Merry Christmas, Wesley!

Verdict: 3 Picards -- delicious and crafty!


2 comments:

Heather F said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather F said...

Wesley, you're so delicious, the cookie that is.