Wednesday, February 7, 2007

"Sausage" v. Sausage

After a long (and cold!) hiatus, we're back for Star Trek potluck 2007. The theme of this week's food was "breakfast for dinner," and it just wouldn't be breakfast without some breakfast meat. So, I present "sausage" v. sausage: vegan sausages and meatitarian sausages, courtesy of Katie and Dave.

I wanted to like the veggie sausages. I really did. But even drenched in lots of good Canadian maple syrup, they still tasted a bit odd and dry. I didn't sample the real sausage because of my ground meatophobia, but someone else will have to give them a review, because they looked quite tasty. I think the real winner of the breakfast challenge should actually be Hong Hong's mushroom and scallion omelette, which was really freakin' tasty! Post that recipe, dude!




3 comments:

Heather F said...

vegan sausage not at all tasty. they get a wesley

regina said...

haha...i love the sausage pictures. : )

inkandpen said...

I will once again rate my own food, and declare the real sausages too tasty for my own good. Dave bought more the next weekend, and I felt no urge to cook anything else until they were gone. Highly recommended. Find them here.